Are you a visual artist based in the Goldfields? Would you like the opportunity to learn how to create augmented reality art and exhibit your work?
Our Gems WA invites artists to apply to ARted, an augmented reality learning and exhibition program.
- Two x free 3 hour workshops to learn about and create augmented reality artwork.
- Access to a Facebook group that will provide support and community throughout the process
- Opportunity to exhibit a piece of your work created through the program, which will be physically printed in a place within the Goldfields and accessed by the public with the EyeJack app. The works will be used and maintained for 12 months.
What is AR?
Augmented reality is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer-generated perceptual information.
What is EyeJack?
EyeJack is an Augmented Reality App and platform that specialises in the curation and distribution of augmented art. Check out the example below.
You could be an artist, young person, emerging artist or group leader based in the Goldfields who works in any visual medium. This includes painting, photography, digital art, street art and drawing.
You will need access to the internet, a mac or PC and a Smartphone or tablet. If any of these are an issue, please contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to make the program accessible for you.
Expression of Interest
In the first stage, we invite artists to present a small range of works from within their existing portfolios. First stage selection requirements to be submitted digitally:
- Images of up to 8 artworks
- Biography or CV or website
- Artists will be selected based on their creative experience and body of work.
Please email your Expression Of Interest to ARted
All applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application via email.