Kununulling Hotel - Coolgardie

Description

At Kununnulling, you will find the ruins of the Premier Hotel, built by Fred “Cousin Jack” Bow, a Coolgardie entrepreneur who had made his wealth through his wagon team business.

Once a grand sprawling establishment popular amongst the early gold miners and travellers of the era only a skeleton of its former glory now remains. It was one of the first hotels in the Goldfields to have electricity, which was provided by a nearby mine, the Premier Hotel opened in 1901, it had ten bedrooms, a large parlour and a billiards room.

All that remains of the stone hotel are its ruins and its three prominent chimneys.

This site is situated 40km North of Coolgardie.

Tags

Contact Details

Website
Website
Contact
Shire of Coolgardie
Address
Coolgardie North Road, Mount Burges, Western Australia
Phone
08 9026 6090
Featured on these trails
Golden Quest Discovery Trail
Geocaches located here
DD3-12 Kunanalling

Location Map

Kunanulling Hotel

Coolgardie North Road, Mount Burges, Western Australia

coolgardie.wa.gov.au

Get Directions