A landmark for kilometres around as well as offering the highest 360-degree view of Kalgoorlie-Boulder, the Ivanhoe headframe is one of the most remarkable entrances to any Museum.
The headframe began its life at the Big Bell gold mine just out of Cue, in the Murchison region between Mt Magnet and Meekatharra. The headframe is 31 metres or 100 feet high and the viewing platform is 20 metres or 60 feet from the ground. The headframe was then moved in 1946 to Kalgoorlie and stood over the Ivanhoe mine on the Kalgoorlie Golden Mile until it was closed in the mid-70s. The structure contains 120 tonnes of steel and 1 tonne of high tension bolts.