Heritage Plaques are situated at intervals throughout the Museum Village grounds.
The bronze plaques are mounted on concrete plinths and pay tribute to Tommy Windich 1840-1876, Sarah Theresa Brooks 1850-1928, Admiral Bruny D’Entrecasteaux ‘Recherche Esperance’ who discovered Esperance on 9th December 1792, Mathew Flinders ‘Investigator,’ Don McKenzie Pioneer Fisherman, Black Jack Anderson ‘Pirate’ circa 1830 who died on Middle Island, Jonathon Parish and George Philip Stevens Albany Telegraph completed 1876, Dr John Fenwick 1927-93, and William (Bill Patterson) 1913-2002.
The project was commissioned by the Esperance Bay Historical Society (EBHS) as part of the ‘Ships to Skylab’ Heritage Walk Trail and funded by the EBHS and Magellan Metals. They were designed and constructed by Esperance based artist Chris Siemer in 2011.
This is site 84 on the Esperance Arts and Culture Trail map.