Skip to main content

Goongarrie Railway Cottages

Goongarrie Cottages
Credit: Lynn Webb


Goongarrie was the next important gold find after Coolgardie and before Kalgoorlie back in 1893.

The Goongarrie townsite was established in 1894 at this site, with the town boasting a post and telegraph office, two hotels and several shops.

All that remains now are the three railway cottages and the interpretive signs out the front.

The original town name was Roaring Gimlet because of the cold South-westerly winds through the gimlet trees and was also known as the 90mile on account of being the estimated distance from Coolgardie.

Contact Details

Visit Website
08 9024-2702