The Esperance Museum offers a glimpse into the history of Esperance and how the region has grown over the years. It is a defining component for an Esperance cultural/heritage area and a focal point for heritage assets linked to Esperance’s past.
The Museum Park area was the town’s original railway marshalling yards and the first section of the Museum was known as the ‘Bonded Store’ built-in 1895.
Further extensions up until 1900 saw the development of the building into the Goods Shed operated until 1965.
The Museum officially opened on 9th October 1976 and is supported by a team of dedicated volunteers.