Open on March 23 1896, traffic in the early period included a train each way, each day to and from Perth, and was one of the busiest stations in the state.
The building made of stone and brick with a ribbed iron roof is similar in design and detail to other railway stations of the period in the state.
The last passenger train to pass through Coolgardie was the evening express from Kalgoorlie to Perth on November 28, 1971, and was farewelled by local citizens.
After its life as a train station, it was run as a museum for many years.
It is still a beautiful building with a locomotive on the tracks to view.
- Family Friendly
- Historic Site
- Photo Opps
- Shire of Coolgardie
- 75 Woodward Street, Coolgardie, Western Australia
- 08 9026 6090